Security & ConductPlease report security violations or inappropriate behavior promptly to the staff at the Circulation Desk (617-373-8778) or to a security guard.
- Watch your personal possessions. Do not leave them unattended in the building. We cannot be responsible for unattended items.
- The Library has a security gate at its exit. If its alarm goes off as you are exiting, please present all books, laptops and bags for inspection when asked to do so. This will help us ascertain why the alarm sounded.
- Mutilation or unauthorized removal of library material, furnishings or property is a violation of Massachusetts State Law (Chapter 266, sections 99 and 100). All such incidents will be reported to the Campus Police. If such an incident involves a student, a report may also be made to the Dean of Students, who may subsequently refer the matter to the Office of Student Correction and Conflict Resolution.
Responsible conduct is expected of all persons who use the University Libraries. People who engage in inappropriate, abusive or disruptive behaviors will be asked to leave the Libraries.
- Please respect the right of others to study in the Snell Library. Disruptive devices, such as music or video players with headphones that leak sound should not be used in the Library.
- The third and fourth floors of Snell Library are quiet study areas. Cell phone conversation is not permitted on the third and fourth floors. Please mute your phone or use it in other locations.
- Those who wish to work in groups, should please restrict themselves to the first and second floors, or use a Group Study Room. These rooms may be reserved in advance at the Circulation Desk on the first floor.
- The use of skates, skateboards and bicycles in the Library building, on its loggia, or on the steps and ramps leading to it is prohibited for your safety and that of others.
- Smoking is prohibited in accordance with University Policy, in any area of the Snell Library building or in any unit of the University Libraries, as well as on the steps and loggia of Snell Library. Failure to comply will result in referral to the Office of Student Correction and Conflict Resolution.
- Animals other than guide dogs are not permitted in the Northeastern University Libraries.