Responsible conduct is expected of all persons who use the University Libraries. People who engage in inappropriate, abusive or disruptive behaviors will be asked to leave the Libraries.
Mutilation or unauthorized removal of library material, furnishings or property is a violation of Massachusetts State Law (Chapter 266, sections 99 and 100). All such incidents will be reported to the Campus Police. If such an incident involves a student, a report may also be made to the Dean of Students, who may subsequently refer the matter to the Student Court.
- If you notice any inappropriate behavior in the Library, please report it promptly to the staff at the Circulation Desk (x8778 or x2364)
- Always respect the right of others to study in peace and quiet in the NU Libraries. Disruptive devices, such as music or video players with headphones that leak sound should not be used in the Library.
- Cellular phone use is not permitted on the 3rd and 4th floors of Snell Library which are quiet study areas. Please mute your phone or use it in other locations. Report violations to the staff at the Circulation Desk.
- Those who engage in extended or loud conversations will be asked to go elsewhere to continue them. Note, however, that if a group of students wishes to study in a conversational mode, a Group Study Room may be available for use. These rooms may be reserved at the Circulation Desk.
- The use of skates, skateboards and bicycles in the Library building, on its loggia, or on the steps and ramps leading to it is prohibited for your safety and that of others.
- Smoking is prohibited in accordance with University Policy, in any area of the Snell Library building or in any unit of the University Libraries, as well as on the steps and loggia of Snell Library. Failure to comply will result in referral to the Office of Student Correction and Conflict Resolution.
- Animals other than guide dogs are not permitted in the Northeastern University Libraries.