Connect to Synthesis (Current NU only)
Note: Authorized users are defined as “Full and part time students and employees (including faculty, staff, affiliated researchers and independent contractors) of (Northeastern University)…regardless of the physical location of such persons” and “Patrons not affiliated with Licensee who are physically present at (Northeastern University)”.
Authorized Users may:
· Electronically display the Licensed Material
· Download and digitally copy a reasonable portion of the Licensed Materials
· Print a reasonable portion of the Licensed materials
· Charge a fee to cover costs of copying or printing portions of the Licensed Materials for Authorized Users.
· Use reasonable portions of the Licensed Materials in the preparation of Course Packs or other educational materials
· Use a reasonable portions of the Licensed Materials for use in connection with specific courses of instruction offered by Northeastern University
· Provide electronic links to the Licensed Materials from Northeastern University’s web pages, and are encouraged to do so in ways that will increase the usefulness of the Licensed Materials to Authorized Users.
· Make such local digital copies of the Licensed Materials as are necessary to ensure efficient use by Authorized Users by appropriate browser or other software.
· Transmit to a third party colleague in hard copy or electronically, minimal, insubstantial amounts of the Licensed Materials for personal use or scholarly, educational, or scientific research or professional use but in no case for re-sale.
· Upon request to the publisher, be granted permission to reuse with appropriate credit, figures, tables & brief excerpts from the Licensed Materials in the Authorized Users’ own scientific, scholarly and educational works, when the publisher holds the rights for this material
Authorized Users may not:
· Except as allowed above, knowingly permit anyone other than Authorized Users to use the Licensed Materials
· Modify or create a derivative work of the Licensed Materials without the prior written permission of the publisher
· May not remove, obscure or modify any copyright or other notices included in the Licensed Materials
· Other than as specifically allowed above, use the Licensed Materials for commercial purposes, including but not limited to the sale of the Licensed Materials or bulk reproduction or distribution of the Licensed Materials in any form