Posted by: Jennie Robbiano
We know you had a busy summer and so did we. Check out what’s new in the library this fall semester.
1. We’re working to keep your library clean. 24/7 study can be a messy business, that’s why we worked with our partners at ABM to establish a nightly cleaning schedule for Club Snell. Tuesday through Friday, each floor gets a whole night dedicated to cleaning.
2. You can now find textbooks easier than ever. Your professor can put your textbooks on reserve in the library. To find out if they did search on the library homepage or ask your professor.
3. Did you ever ask yourself, why are the Club Snell elevators were so dark? No? Well we did! That’s why over the summer we replaced the drab old lights with high efficiency LED lights.
4. Ever forget you husky card but still want to get into the Library? Too busy to commit your HuskyID to memory? Well we installed a hand scanner just for you! Register with Student Services to take advantage of this exciting pilot program.
5. Club Snell is the latest building to install an All-Gender Restroom and Lactation Room. Both rooms were built on the 4th floor.
6. Get a jump start on your coursework by talking to your subject specialist. We have a specialist for everything you could need help with, from architecture to engineering, even 3D printing and video production. If you can’t stop into the library you can always search our FAQ or reach us 24/7.
7. Booking a room has never been easier. Northeastern’s space booking system got an update this Summer and it’s so easy you can book a room waiting in line at Rebecca’s.
As always, keep an eye on our calendar for workshops, film screenings, and fun activities (did someone say therapy dogs?)
Posted in: Serendipity