Spread the word: New full-text e-resources in medicine, pharmacy, and physical therapy are now available
Posted by: Katherine Herrlich
AccessPhysiotherapy covers physical therapy, AccessMedicine covers medical/health sciences, and AccessPharmacy is the tool of choice for pharmacy.
These resources from McGraw-Hill were designed especially for instructors and students, with a focus on curricular topics, Q & A, self-assessment, core titles for assigned reading, high quality images, animation tools to convey concepts, and videos that demonstrate clinical practices. Content can be embedded in Blackboard.
Mobile access: These resources are optimized for the iPhone, Google Android devices and the Blackberry Bold.
- 500+ videos and narrated lectures in key topics in orthopedics, neurology and sports medicine; demonstrations of various examination and treatment techniques
- “Anatomy and Physiology Revealed”, a powerful cadaver dissection tool with imaging slides and animations
- “Essentials of Neuroscience in Physical Therapy”, an ongoing lecture series, which combines graphics, case studies, and narration to teach key neuroscience and neuroanatomy concepts relating to physical therapy
- “Custom Curriculum”, a cutting edge tool to assign, manage, and track the progress of student assignments
- 77 essential medical texts, including “Harrison’s Online”, “Hurst’s The Heart”, “Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment”, and “DeGowin’s Diagnostic Examination”
- Thousands of photos and illustrations
- Diagnosaurus, the differential diagnosis tool
- Interactive patient safety modules, musculoskeletal exams, case files, and Q & A
- 200+ procedural videos and Grand Rounds lectures
- Drug databases, cases, self-assessment tools, animations, and full text of these core titles:
- DiPiro’s Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, 8e
- Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach, 8e
- Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 12e
- Applied Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics, 6e
- Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 12e
- Casarett & Doulls Essentials of Toxicology, 2e
- Drug Information: A Guide for Pharmacists, 4e
- Ganong’s Review of Medical Physiology, 24e
- Pharmacy and Federal Drug Law Review
- Pharmacy Student Survival Guide, 2e
- Understanding Health Policy: A Clinical Approach, 6e
Register for a My AccessMedicine, My AccessPharmacy or My AccessPhysiotherapy account to enter the mobile sites, save and download images, bookmark content pages, view and print CE certificates, customize patient education handouts, re-run recent searches, and use the Custom Curriculum.
For more information on health sciences resources, please see the biomedical and health subject guides.