Posted by: Elizabeth Alverson
There are 20 brand new CoLab group study rooms on the first floor of Snell Library, and now a brand new reservation system to go along with them!
Reserve a Group Study Room in Snell Library
First of all, to access NUSSO, the new, online self-service reservation system, log in with your myNEU credentials at https://nuevents.neu.edu/ and follow the directions on the page in order to reserve the room of your choice. The link is also available under the “Self-service” tab on myNEU. You can follow the instructions in the system to make a reservation for you and your group, or stop by the first floor Help & Information desk to get help using the system.
The fine print:
- Group Study Rooms can be used for group study only.
- Group Study Rooms can be reserved only by students: undergraduate or graduate.
- Group Study Rooms can be reserved for up to three hours at a time.
- A student may have only one reservation at a time.
- Reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance.
- These rooms are only bookable during the library’s regular service hours, meaning that during overnight study they will be first-come first-served.
Have any questions about reserving these rooms? Visit the Help & Information desk on the first floor, call 617-373-8778, or email email@example.com.
Snell Library Recording Studios (temporarily located in CoLabs E & F) are available through the new system, as well. When you put in your request, library staff will follow up after you make your reservation to confirm and talk through any training or equipment questions you might have.
Reserve a Digital Media Commons Workstation
This is new: Digital Media Commons Workstations can now be reserved. These computers, Macs and PCs, on the second floor of Snell Library, are intended to be used for media creation and project work. For standard computer use, about 200 additional Mac and PC computers are available in the first floor InfoCommons on a first-come, first-served, basis.
The fine print:
- DMC Workstations can be reserved by students: graduate or undergraduate.
- DMC Workstations can be reserved for up to 90 minutes and students may have three reservations at a time.
- These reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance.
Have any questions about reserving the workstations? Visit the second floor DMC information desk, call 617-373-2465, or ask online at dmc.northeastern.edu/content/contact-us
Snell Library Seminar & Presentation Spaces
Using the same NUSSO reservation system, Snell Library Seminar & Presentation Spaces are available by request for faculty and staff to use as a special lecture, seminar, or other presentation space. These spaces include the 90 Snell Library seminar room and the two Digital Media Commons presentation areas: DMC Circle-1 (white), and DMC Circle-2 (blue). These spaces may not be reserved for use as standard classroom or group study space. More information on these spaces and the reservation process is available on the library’s web site.
Have any questions about reserving this space? Visit the Help & Information desk on the first floor, call 617-373-8778, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in: Library News and Events